Impressive Performance & Very Practical

• Style

• Service & Support

aisle-seat's review of Smeg SIM942B Induction Hob

Smeg SIM942B Induction Hob

“Impressive Performance and Very Practical”

Written on: 02/09/2013 by aisle-seat (0 reviews written)

I have long wanted an induction hob and the latest house move provided the opportunity to abandon gas in favour of electricity.
I removed a SMEG 90 cm Range Cooker and filled the gap with a 90 cm wide SMEG single oven + the latest Multi Zone SIM942B Induction Hob from SMEG. It is a great specification and was chosen as much for the fact that I could create a suitable recess by fitting 2 x strips of granite into an existing granite worktop to allow me to use this new induction hob from Smeg. There are few induction hobs large enough to allow this.
It was easy to install - requiring only a 32A supply via a 40A MCB at the consumer unit.
Now that I am using the induction hob to cook with I am very impressed. I was advised to buy good cookware from Le Creuset and glad that I did.
Never imagined that I could bring a saucepan of new potatoes to the boil in 30 seconds. Must take care not to use boost or I can cause discolouration of the pans because of excessive heating.
Have used NEFF and Miele before but in this kitchen it is all Smeg - single built in oven and dishwasher.
I like the designs and am confident of reliability (or after sales service if something 'happens')

• 1 - 6 months