Not fit for purpose

• Service & Support

ningham67's review of De Dietrich Induction Hob DTi714V

De Dietrich Induction Hob DTi714V

“Not fit for purpose”

Written on: 27/10/2011 by ningham67 (2 reviews written)

The hob cost us £400, and lasted 2 1/2 years. I called out an electrician (£80) who confirmed that there was no problem with the power supply.
I contacted De Dietrich and spoke to Rudy in their Technical Department. His attitude was 'tough luck'
I wrote to the Senior Customer Support Executive (Helen Purbrick), and I wrote to the Service Director (Greg Teubner), and other than apologising they offered no help or real interest.
I spoke to their Technical Manager (Bill Hanratty) and said that I thought that a £400 hob should last longer than 2 1/2 years. I also told him that I thought that the hob was not fit for purpose. He told me that to have the hob repaired would cost me an additional £177 and that it was up to me to prove that it was not fit for purpose!
Two of my phone calls to De Dietrich were not returned and there was no hurry in replying to my letters.
Ok, the hob is out of its warranty (just), but for £400 I would expect it to have lasted longer than it did. And I would have expected a more professional approach from De Dietrich
The hob looks nice and is easy to use, but I will never recommend De Dietrich to anyone. Check other reviews about De Dietrich. (Neil - Newcastle. October 2011)

• More than 1 year