Poorly manufactured

From 1 review

mansourim's review of AEG HK953400FB MaxiSense Induction Hob

AEG HK953400FB MaxiSense Induction Hob

“Poorly manufactured”

Written on: 05/09/2012 by mansourim (0 reviews written)

I thought AEG was generally reliable. My hob broke down 14 months after purchase without any specific reason. As it was out of the one year warrantee period they came up with lots of excuses after I when I asked AEG to repair it. I bought a Neff one afterwards and much happier with my new hob.

Twvelo's Response to mansourim's Review

Written on: 12/09/2012

I agree with you, mine broke down after 18 months 1 burner went pop and error code E6. Told by engineer that to repair would cost over £500. A 1 year warranty on an item that costs £800/£900 is rediculous.

Lizmaurice's Response to mansourim's Review

Written on: 31/10/2012

Totally agree. A saucepan lid slipped out of my hand from a height of no more than 2 inches less than 3 weeks after we bought the hob. It cracked the side and the crack then spread all across the hob. AEG are claiming user error but I think that the hob is simply not fit for purpose as the glass isn't strong enough. I can't be the first person to drop a lid on a hob. I would never buy an AEG product again.