A classic keeper

• Appearance

h2g2's review of Epiphone Sheraton II

Epiphone Sheraton II

“A classic keeper”

Written on: 29/12/2011 by h2g2 (1 review written)

I bought my Sherry2 in 1999 and thought it was average at the time playing it through an old transistor Vox. I always loved the look and feel of it though, and it was much lighter than the solid bodies I'd had. I bought a valve amp in about 2005 and the sound was so much better, but still not what I wanted. Thought of changing pickups and upgrading the bits, including getting a bigger amp etc. In the end I simply went for a professional set up. I couldn't believe it when I got it back: tuners and pickups (these needed re-balancing), whole thing was a new experience! The techie said it's all fine without upgrades, unless maybe later change the pickups if I get fed up. This guitar is so playable and nuanced now. However, the lad wants one after playing mine. Can't part with it though. PLEASE can someone write a review of the specifically Chinese sheraton? - rather get him one of these than part with my Korean!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard