Wonderful Program, but terrible pricing methods

• Quality

Guest's review of Quickcert CompTia A+ Essentials and A+ Specialist Certification Training Courses

“Wonderful Program, but terrible pricing methods”

Written on: 12/10/2012

I had recently purchased the Quickcert library about 3 weeks,and I have to admit, that between the labs and the libraries, and all the bells and the whistles, I am very impressed. I truly am enjoying my prep for the CCNA exam and have already passed the Network Plus test, although I just used the labs and videos to refresh for it. This was the third attempt to by the program, with the first two attempts ending because of a not so great sales experience.
Just a piece of advice to the sales team at Quickcert: I have worked in the IT field for about 11 years now. You don't need to push somebody so hard to purchase your training as it is an excellent product. A few people in my company used different training programs and yours had the most to offer, and the $1200 price tag for the 18 months that was given to me was more than reasonable. I'd pay it 10 times over for everything here. Josh was a great help to me and he walked me through the entire process.
On the first two attempts, my wife and I actually spoke to a TJ. Although very well informed, he was somewhat confrontational. On two separate occasions, he had said to us that he was doing something with contractors and even though we tried about 4 weeks apart from each other, the price that we had to by at that day was around $1750 for one year of access. It was rather funny, because over the 2 attempts, we both received the exact same pitch. What was even better was that we were both told it had to be done that day, and when my wife and I both said we had to speak to each other, TJ asked us if he could call them while we were placed on hold because he didn't want us to miss such a great promotion.
I almost was lead to believe that this person was selling me either a Carnival Cruise or a Time Share, and couldn't believe that this was for certification training.
Needless to say, we waited to get an email, bought the courses for $1100 plus tax (Florida), and received the same program for 18 months. I even had another individual call the next week after the promotion ended, and he was given the pricing that I had received.
So, I just wanted to say to the people reading this that need IT training, there are people to avoid when trying to buy training from this company, but if you can get the program for around 1200 dollars, and get them to give you extra time, it's well worth it. Live Labs are great and being able to call somebody was a nice touch... Just remember: Training is for education purposes, so you should never feel pressured to buy something to benefit you in life.

• Quality