Good supplement but not a learning tool

• Quality

coachlaura6's review of LinguaShop Speak! Russian

LinguaShop Speak! Russian

“Good supplement but not a learning tool”

Written on: 13/06/2013 by coachlaura6 (1 review written)

The product arrived quickly and the support staff answers emails quickly. However, YOU CANNOT RETURN THE PRODUCT for any reason other than that it does not work.After reviewing the product, I realized it was would be of no more use to me than a language book. I felt that the exercises are not intuitive and are based primarily on reading and memorizing. It was unclear where I was able to type to complete the exercises. The help menu and text loaded very slowly. I originally purchased it for my teenage daughter to learn Russian for school. However, I didn't feel that this was a program designed for full language training, only supplemental learning to a comprehensive program. I contacted the support department originally, because I could not figure out how to activate the software. As I waited for his fast response, I found the means of activating and did so. However, when I told him that I did not feel the software would work for my daughter and asked about the return policy, he responded defensively and indicated the following: "The terms and conditions to which you agreed are clearly visible on the site.
There are no returns. Nowhere on the site, in any location, is there any indication that this is a product for children." Then proceeded to send another email insinuating that I was attempting to hide the fact that I activated the product. I was disappointed by the product and service received by this company. Both need work to be done on them.

• Quality

Brianv1909's Response to coachlaura6's Review

Written on: 20/09/2013

In my experience, it is NEVER possible to return any software program, music CD, or DVD movie once the packaging has been opened so I don't know why you are surprised that you could not return this item. Also, if it is a good supplement then it is well worth the money paid. Any help with learning a language is always a bonus. I have had nothing but excellent five-star help from the customer service department of Linguashop.com and am saddened to see their reputation damaged by a one-star rating!

Languageman44's reply to Brianv1909's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

Rosetta Stone will exchange or accept return of a product purchased directly from Rosetta Stone via
the website or by telephone within thirty (30) days of your purchase.

Coachlaura6's reply to Brianv1909's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

It is absolutely possible to return software, etc. Most programs of this sort have a 15-30 return policy. Further, A purchase of a supplement would be worth the money if I was interested in purchasing a supplement to a comprehensive program. However, I was not. I was purchasing what was advertised to be a full program rather than simply a supplement. I understand your frustration, and am glad you had a great experience. I, however,did not.