Excellent

Ivylou's review of National Extension College - Post July 2010

“Excellent”

Written on: 05/03/2012 by Ivylou (1 review written)

As a child I failed my GCSE Maths, so decided to give it another go as an adult. It is distance learning and it is up to the student to decide when to work during the 2 year study period, so I found it hard to motivate myself initially to study after a long day at work - once I got started there was no stopping me though! Couldn't ask for more from my tutor, he was always very polite and friendly and I got my assignments back well within the time that NEC states. The materials were really good too and explained things in lots of different ways. I did find some topics went on a bit too long and told my tutor who advised me to speak to the staff at NEC. I was a bit worried about ringing up to moan, but the lady I spoke to seemed very pleased to receive my feedback and I felt like she really cared.

Although I knew I had to book my own exams, I didn't realise how scary this can be when you don't really understand the process. I called around a couple of local centres, but in the end I went to one of their partnership centres. Everything went smoothly and I didn't have to worry. Got the grade I wanted and will use again in the future.

Would recommend!