EKM Powershop is ok but has a number of flaws

• Quality

Guest's review of Ekm Systems Ltd ekmPowershop

Ekm Systems Ltd ekmPowershop

“EKM Powershop is ok but has a number of flaws”

Written on: 29/09/2011

I joined EKM in 2009, spending over £1500 for a completely bespoke template with changeable banners. At first my domain was hosted elsewhere and when I had some problems I was told my site would work better if the domain was hosted with them. I went ahead and did this but then ended up paying more every month for email use.
EKM is very easy to use and has a good import/export feature useful for batch changes or uploading to an ebay shop.
There are a couple of flaws with EKM the main being that you cannot create SEO friendly urls; there is no feature to use cannonical rewrites - ie a page named http://www.yourshop.com/car-audio-102-c.asp could not be renamed as http://www.yourshop.com/car-audio.html - this may sound trivial but infact it is a key factor in Googles ranking of your site.
The second flaw is that you cannot setup google analytics yourself and run tests without getting EKM to do this.
Other functions missing are being able to allow users to create an account using their social media accounts - by this I mean there are some ecommerce shops now which allow users to create an account by simply using their facebook, google or similar account login - this has major advantages as it means less clicks for your customer to make a purchase.
I would say when I joined EKM their solution was one of the best but now unfortunatley they have fallen behind times.

• Quality

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2011

When you say they have fallen behind the times, you are suggesting that there others out there better. e.g. for social media accounts etc. I would be interested in the other sites, so could you name the better sites