Written on: 28/07/2014 by joeyc34 (1 review written)
Very helpful staff that speaks great english! Most of the system is very easy to use and find editing tools or settings.
They are lacking on a couple MAIN ESSENTIAL FEATURES that you wouldn't think bigcommerce would ignore or not notice. I know they are aware because I've address the issues several times with little response or care to resolve on there end. Below are the issues.
Applying customer store credit to orders on the backside of the system when helping enter order for customer...and not having to log into customers account on the front side.
This way if I help a customer with placing there order I can enter it on the backside of bigcommerce instead of going to my site, log into customers account, place the order, apply credit, and finalize order.
Issue #2 (Big problem and very strange they didn't include a edit feature here)
Bigcommerces platform is the first I've seen that doesn't allow me to update or change the customers purchasing method.
- EXAMPLE: customer first wants to pay with check...so we finalize the order...then get a call from customer stating they want to pay with credit card now. Currently I have to delete the current order and place a new order since there is no option to allow payment change or update.
Issue #3 (Very important to have something for this when you have multiple designers and vendors)
Editor notes for products would be nice to see. I would also like to see a area on products to state which vendor I buy the product from. Maybe also throw in a note area for designers to make notes for only admin users to see on a product.
- EXAMPLE: Product Name: imac Vendor: apple or mega distributors Cost: 500.00 each (12+ $455.68) Editor Notes: Last edit JohnDoe 4.1.14 still need to finish option sets
Issue #4 (Very big problem....what was bigcommerce thinking?!)
How to change orders marked shipped or partially shipped as NOT shipped.
Currently bigcommerce has nothing in place for changing a orders shipping status. What I mean by this is…below.
Example of problem:
- Customer orders 5 boxes of product A.
- Warehouse notifies processing agent order has shipped.
- Processor marks order shipped with tracking number which then the system sends email to customer notifing them the order shipped. |
- Warehouse then notifies processor they made mistake and only shipped 1 box
Bigcommerce’s suggestion was:
- Email customer and tell them
- Cancel the order and create a new one,
Problems with that are:
- Accounting system like QB is tied to that order number already so we would have to change every form in all our systems.
- Customer would have to note new order number….and if we do it without customer knowing they will get emails about new orders plus and start calling us with confusion.
How the system should work: (which other ecommerce systems have)
- I should be able to cancel all shipments marked against the order and start again.
- Or I should be able to edit and mark certain items in the order where shipped (X Date) and with (X tracking #)
Advise to management:
take the time to listen to customer and employees suggestions and maybe implement them. Especially when they are basic features and functions that should already exist.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Lacks certain features. quite slow on playbook. " Read More
" Great! " Read More
" VevoCart eCommerce Cart " Read More
" A nightmare of cheating, missell and eking out money sham " Read More
" You can try, but probably you don't be have any sale " Read More