Where do I begin?

• Service & Support

Karerr1's review of Lacanche Cluny

Lacanche Cluny

“Where do I begin?”

Written on: 15/05/2013 by Karerr1 (1 review written)

I bought my la canche cluny in 2006. I am now trying to think of a way of changing it for an alternative.

The cooker looks fabulous but that's as far as it goes.

It makes you a very instinctive cook for the dial settings and temps on the oven bear no resemblance to those given in any recipes or instructions. If I want to cook something really precisely I use my mothers oven in her annexe.

The knobs get dangerously hot with the ovens in use.

The doors do not shut firmly against the seals, I sometimes put a knife in the gap in an attempt to lift the seal up in and attempt to get a proper shut. (again this week I have found myself whistfully opening and closing oven doors in John Lewis dreaming of being able to change it)

It is difficult to clean.

It has had a new element, fortunately we found a cheap one that fitted which seems to work.

In all I feel the oven was a very poor buy and wouldn't buy one again, and I feel EBay beckons for mine.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Lacancheuk's Response to Karerr1's Review

Written on: 05/06/2013

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Lacanche range cooker. Given the age of the range it may require servicing. Hot control knobs are caused by a number of issues. After a number of years the door hinges and runners may have become worn. The door seals may be defective. Is the oven installed to manufactures specification? Please feel free to contact FdeF Ltd to arrange a service call. I’m sure that after a service you would notice a considerable improvement.