Oak Custom Musashi Black

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Deerum's review of Yamaha Oak Custom

Yamaha Oak Custom

“Oak Custom Musashi Black”

Written on: 25/02/2014 by Deerum (3 reviews written)

I needed a kit with power resonance projection ease of tuning built to last and looked great.
It was always going to be either Starlcassic Maple B/B or Mapex Saturn or Sonor Hi Lite kit. I had a Tour custom before this and that was a great little set of drums. This kit turned up and from the Pics and reviews I had read I had made up my mind before hearing it. When I got the kit my first impression was how cool / sexy the Musashi Black looks. The Hardware is best of the best and inside the Oak drums looked unique. Great start. I got the drums home and tested them and tweaked to my preferred tuning range and they more than delivered. I found it was easy to get a great sound out of the drums with the emporers on, just a little adjustment to get the toms tuned and harmonise with the same sustain. Bass drum liked to be tuned medium tension for a great open BIG sound. Toms are happy slack skinned or tuned high, my favourite with these drums was they're ability to take anything you throw at them slight to Heavy hit through. Excellent. These are keepers...fanatastic drums punch well above thier class.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard