AWESOME rock & Metal heads

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

drummergnt1's review of Remo Pinstripe Drum Heads

Remo Pinstripe Drum Heads

“AWESOME rock and Metal heads”

Written on: 08/03/2012 by drummergnt1 (4 reviews written)

Quite simply these heads are awesome, I've used pinstripe heads since I started playing drums (Which is nearly 7 years ago) and I haven't bothered to try any other heads so far! the Pinstripes are incredibly durable (I've got to replace them now after 4 or 5 years!) until about 7 or 8 months ago they didn't lose the qualities they once possessed.
I do have a reasonably new set on my big rock kit and the sound is brilliant, the heads are fairly slack and they produce lots of low-end, particularly on the the floor toms :)

for the rack toms: the Small tom (A 12" on my kit) responds well, reasonably low sound with some resonace and some slight boom sound to it, the 13" tom somewhat baffles me, instead of producing any real resonance it come out with just a "thud" and a tiny little bit of resonance underneath, however the Floor tom is a completely different story, a 16" floor tom will gladly punch out some awesome Bonham-style lows and if it's a 16" deep then you're guna get some serious punch and mighty lows from it. if you want more of a simple thud rather than some boom just buy some moongel or O-rings.
Top sound for the toms, very durable, in fact, close to unbreakable. snare use is possible however I'd reccomend the Controlled Sound X's for that.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard