TERRIBLE complete waste

Tane_Rose's review of The AA Driving School, nationwide UK

“TERRIBLE complete waste”

Written on: 18/10/2012 by Tane_Rose (1 review written)

I went to the AA as they seemed to have a good reputation and signed up for 10 lessons. My first instructor was OK, but after about the 8th lesson he left without the AA without warning. They found me another instructor, Mark who was good for the first two lessons but after that taught me some terrible habits. He taught all the manoeuvres with my mirrors down so I could see the kerb, but if I did that on the test a) it would take a lot of faffing about, b) I could forget to move them back which would result in a fail, c) it's just not practical for real life driving. He was also terrible at islands. I'd be waiting for a free to go, and he'd suddenly shout 'GO' so I'd go, he'd then slam on the breaks even though there wasn't a car coming and tell me I shouldn't have gone and it was all my fault.

Needless to say, I'm no longer a fan of islands thanks to him. I left the AA feeling very un-confident and tried to get my money back, I'd booked 10 more lessons and had only used 4. But customer service spent an hour trying to say I'd had all the lessons, then I'd cancelled last minute and various other excuses of what I hadn't done just to try and keep my money. Finally I could 3 lessons worth back and gave up. I moved to coopers the week after and passed within 6 more lessons getting only 2 minor faults. I would NOT ever recommend the AA.

• birmingham

Area/state/cities covered

The Aa's Response to Tane_Rose's Review

Written on: 19/10/2012

Hello Tane_Rose
There are a number of points raised in your post that we would very much like to discuss with you. You're feedback is very valuable, please email chat@theaa.com with reference FOR21558. We look forward to hearing from you. Regards The AA