BAY WINDOW UNRESOLVED ISSUES

jo352610's review of Smiths Glass Limited - www.smithsltd.co.uk

“BAY WINDOW UNRESOLVED ISSUES”

Written on: 08/08/2013 by jo352610 (1 review written)

Had 2 new bay windows installed by Smiths in Jan 2011. Downstairs window developed a fault within days. Smiths rectified this 6 months later. The same fault then developed in the upstairs window. We have been trying to get this rectified since January 2013. The window has been inspected and as with the downstairs the proper support was not fitted during installation. Yesterday we had the third set of fitters visit to attempt a repair and they had been given the wrong Bay Jack so were unable to complete the work. During the past 2 months we have had water coming in as the window frame split this has now caused damage to our bay downstairs (cracks appearing in the ceiling) also the downstairs bay window has started to bow again. The fitters stated "off the record" that we should just be given 2 new windows installed correctly but Smiths will go for that! Guess FENSA will be our next option.

Guest011's Response to jo352610's Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

see my response to Honourable_chap.. just contact GGF, let them know they are not responding / and fitting sub-standard windows.. cc them on response, then Smiths will respond

Janerodger's reply to Guest011's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2013

They even ignore the GGF, the GGF have asked them to contact me twice now and still nothing! Looks like I'll be going to the county court next.

Guest011's reply to Janerodger's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2013

Just write a formal complaint to ggf. The more formal complaints, the more they will react and come down on smiths / remove their ggf assurance which will massively impact their future customer base..

Janerodger's reply to Guest011's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2013

I have already done that, the GGF have contacted them twice and Smiths promise to call me but never do. The GGF seem powerless to make them do anything. I am stuck with a half built conservatory that I ordered back in March the base was built the wrong size, they walked off the job in August leaving a skip on my drive which is still there and have never come back. The builder and surveyor have blamed each other. The GGF said today if I employ someone else I am in breach of contract and advised if I want to sue them to go to the citizens advice. I could have given myself that advice!

Ktmcharlie's reply to Janerodger's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2013

Hi, have you got any further with your issues?

Janerodger's reply to Ktmcharlie's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2013

No unfortunately not.
They agreed by email to come back and finish the work but so far no show and no contact from them and they are ignoring my emails. again.
The GGF don't seem able to enforce anything and give no advice at all on taking legal action or will get involved if I do.
Its been 9 months now and my garden looks like a building site and I still have a full skip on my drive so cant park my car.
I wish I had never seen or heard of Smiths Glass!