www.pegasuswindowsuk.co.uk are rubbish.

Cellosoul5's review of Pegasus Windows (UK) Ltd - www.pegasuswindowsuk.co.uk

“www.pegasuswindowsuk.co.uk are rubbish.”

Written on: 17/12/2012 by Cellosoul5 (3 reviews written)

Cannot reach this company, who guaranteed us that they were to replace our windows today (Mon.) through Wednesday. No word, no nothing. I would describe their service as terrible, their communication as lousy, and their performance as unspeakable.

Orion1's Response to Cellosoul5's Review

Written on: 18/12/2012

This has happened to us as well, I have reported them to Checkatrade and various other trading bodies. I wonder how many other people have paid a deposit and received nothing in return?

Written on: 18/12/2012

Hi Orion1,
I don't know, is the answer to your question.

However, have been in touch with a company who makes the (apparently very good) windows they supply, and we MAY come to an arrangement with THEM. If interested, get back to me.

ALL the best, Alice

Written on: 20/12/2012

Hi Alice, the company has gone into liquidation. I have the liquidator's number.

Written on: 21/12/2012

Can you send it to me? Thanks!!

Written on: 07/01/2013

Pegasus was registered with FENSA which requires deposit insurance.. I have learned from FENSA they were insured through GGF.

I've inquired, but don't know yet what the process or terms might be, if you want to try this line of attack to get your money back.

Good luck.

Written on: 21/12/2012

I understand that we're not alone. Our windows were due to be supplied to them by Pioneer Trading (v. reputable) though Pioneer suggested to us that we were lucky, as they might have put in cheap glass (Pioneer only supply the frames). Pioneer have recommended another company--with its director on the board-to do it, but we've checked (shame we didn't do this for Pegasus!!) on a website where you can access any company's record and risk factor and they are too new to have a good profile. Might just start over with Anglian (almost no risk at all, according to this site!!!) Best, Alice

Written on: 21/12/2012

Hi Alice, Thank you for that. I hope you have been contacted by the liquidators by now, they are a firm called Augusta Kent. I feel very nervous now about approaching any new double glazing company, I did check Pegasus out, and thought they were the most reputable firm. Just goes to show!! What is the name of the website you used to check a company's risk factor?
All the best
Tina

Written on: 21/12/2012

Company Check. Cost £5 for one company, or £20 for as many as you like, and has access to Company House accounts, number of County Court Judgements against the company etc.

Written on: 03/01/2013

Thanks v much Alice, have you contacted your bank to see if you can get the deposit back from them? It worked for us. Regards Tina

Written on: 04/01/2013

I too have lost my deposit with Pegasus and no work done -- can you give the contact info for the manufacturer Pioneer Trading? I'd like to pursue this with a company that may actually do the work. Would appreciate even a web address if you don't have a phone number.

Thanks!

Written on: 04/01/2013

Hi Mm2C,
You ought to know that Augusta Kent (the poss. liquidators) told me on the phone this week that the meeting of the Pegasus creditors will be on Tuesday. Tell Augusta Kent who you are and get invited. You ought at least to be on the radar--though I don't know what the prospects are of being reimbursed. As for Pioneer, Pioneer Trading have a large website, and are, I believe, very reputable. They only supplied Pegasus with windows, and are completely separate. Good luck!!

Written on: 08/01/2013

Thanks very much - I was invited and am on the liquidator's list of creditors. Couldn't take a day off to go down to Kent for the meeting with 2 days notice that I got.

I have now learned that Pegasus did not register with FENSA or with a deposit insurance scheme until 25/9/2012 -- almost 3 months after I signed my contract which had the FENSA logo and deposit scheme logo on it!!!.. so will be investigating a fraud / misrepresentation action as well.

Written on: 08/01/2013

Dear Mm2C,
I just came back from the creditors' meeting. No hope of getting our money back, regret to say, but I have some information for you which could help. Contact me. Best, Alice

Written on: 09/01/2013

Hi -
how do I contact you?

Written on: 09/01/2013

Only here I think. I think I'm not allowed to tell you my name and number.

Orion1's reply to Mm2C's Comment

Dear Mm2C and all other Pegasus Victims,
The best course for all of us is to get the money back from our banks. You probably have a better idea about the situation, Alice, from having been at the meeting, but everyone I have spoken to says that in a case such as this there is no hope of getting anything out of it legally. The company has no money to pay out/payback. The worst of it is, our windows still need replacing and this has made me very nervous about using another company! Good Luck everyone!

Written on: 10/01/2013

This is correct. The company assets are miniscule: a couple of company cars and £24 in the bank. There is no hope of unsecured creditors getting any money. That's why I voted against a creditor's committee: no point. The liquidators--August Kent, who seemed most impressive--ARE however checking into various other possibilities, too potentially libelous to mention in a public forum. Just so you all know.

With ref. to finding another company, Orion1, I strenuously advise you to do what we never thought to do with Pegasus and pay on one of the company check websites. These will give you annual turnover and risk assessment (in terms of going into liquidation) for every UK company. Worth £20 a month (will cancel once we've chosen the company: so far only paid £20). Good luck to you all, Cellosoul5

Written on: 10/01/2013

Thank you Cellosoul5, it has been so helpful to be able to communicate with you and others on this website. There would have been some cold lonely winds blowing otherwise!

Written on: 18/01/2013

Hi, Mm2C, Have learned that not all our deposit will be covered by credit card company. Can you tell me how your fraud/misrepresentation action against Pegasus is going? --We see our lawyer--a specialist one, not our family one-- on Monday. Best, Alice

Written on: 18/01/2013

Hi - I have not taken that action any further yet, but I have included a statement with the Creditors Questionnaire to the Liquidator Augusta Kent regarding the false representations in the contract. There was also a false representation in the Directors' Statement that was reported at the Credtiors meeting - Clause 3.5 states that all accreditations and insurances were in place when the company commenced trading in mid-March 2012. Per FENSA and GGFi, the insurer, they were not registered until 25 September 2012. You should have received a copy of the Directors Statement from the Liquidator, I would definitely point that out to your solicitor.

Written on: 22/01/2013

What false representations in the contract? I know about the false representation in the Director's statement, having been at the Creditor's meeting. V. grateful for your help. Alice PS Our own two contracts are subtly different, one being for windows and the others for an orangery.

Written on: 29/01/2013

Clause 18 of the contract explicitly states that a "Stage Payment Indemnity Insurance" is in place, which protects stage payments including initial deposit. The contract also bears the FENSA and GGFi logos - I signed that contract in July - Pegasus Windows was not registered with FENSA and not insured with GGFi until end of September - so they were using those logos without being registered. And, they emphasised to me in the quotation letter that deposit insurance was in place, in addition to Clause 18 of the contract. Which was patently false. So depending on when your contract was signed, you may or may not have also received false representations. The registration date with FENSA & GGFi was 25 September 2012.

Jonesjonesjonesjones's reply to Mm2C's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2013

Sorry to hear of your problems, This company were one of the companies I got a quote from when I was looking into double glazing but I chose another company. You may see from another review I have left on this site which company i chose asso wont name them here but I can highly recommend . Contract me direct or see my review. if you want the details.