Excellent overall

Guest's review of CR Smith Double Glazing www.crsmith.co.uk

“Excellent overall”

Written on: 28/07/2013

We recently replaced all 13 windows in our house with CR Smith. We chose rosewood exterior and white interior with waxed oak window ledges.

Having researched various companies online we decided to attend at the CR Smith showroom in Dunfermline where we thought that there was a good range on display. The helpful member of staff arranged for a salesman to attend a day later.

Being sceptical about double glazing salesmen we were pleasantly surprised by the approach of the salesman who came to our house. He took a really straightforward, informative approach without any hard sell. I made it quite clear that I intended to get a number of quotes and definitely not commit to anything that day. This was accepted without question and, after an appropriate, and not strung out, explanation of available products a quote was supplied. There was absolutely no 'pushy salesman' technique to get a sale. If there had been i would have been put off. Again, we were pleasantly surprised, particularly as the cost quoted wasn't actually that much more than we had spent replacing less windows in our previous house around 9 years before.

Having obtained a quote from a local company that came in at a bit less CR Smith matched it. Whether or not I got real value for money I will never really know but I thought that we did.

Owing to the arrival of a new baby the timing of our installation was important and there were no issues with our specific dates being provided.

Our installation was completed by 2 employees who worked like Trojans. They were very tidy and kept us informed about what was being done. At my request that did their best not to damage tiles around windows in our bathrooms and the results were excellent. The job was completed within the time suggested.

On checking the glass I found 1 very small blemish and 2 small scratches on some of the windows. The glass was subsequently replaced without question after a visit by the QA guy who, like everyone else was very pleasant. I had expected a bit of a debate but there wasn't one and this was good customer service.

We chose to have our window ledges treated with beeswax and they look great. Only minor issue is that it appears to be common to have the one in your kitchen varnished instead to prevent water damage from splashes but no one mentioned that to us until it was too late. No issues yet but maybe worth thinking about.

Overall, we are delighted with the quality of the product and the customer service given by CR Smith. Part of the reason that we wanted to go with a big name company was to get the customer service and guarantee that you might not get elsewhere. Having read quite a few reviews about other big names I don't think that they can match our experience. I'm normally quite critical of companies who promise things and don't deliver but I can't say that this applies here. Well done. I would recommend.