Not just bad ovens, bad company

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Smeg DO8C

Smeg DO8C

“Not just bad ovens, bad company”

Written on: 08/10/2012

I bought my Smeg double electric oven from Harrods a few years ago for £1,000. The oven never really worked well, and I quickly realised I should have stuck to Neff. The problem is the oven takes a lifetime to heat up and then browns the food unevenly because the temperature is not even throughout the oven. If this wasn't bad enough, last year the electric clock stopped working. An authorised Smeg agent replaced the clock for £300. Within 2 months the clock stopped working and the authorised agent had gone bust. Smeg was not interested to any extent. I then arranged to again have the clock replaced, at my cost, through another Smeg authorised agent, Mr Fix It. The engineer was at my house for more than 2 hours before estalishing the clock requires replacement. That was 3 months ago. Several telephone calls later and plenty of attitude from Smeg and its authorised agent, still no clock. The Smeg customer service staff are an abomination to human kind. I am now considering a new oven. Not Smeg though, as I'm sure you'll understand..

• More than 1 year