Beware!

From 1 review

Guest's review of Hook Farm Camping & Caravan Park, Lyme Regis

“Beware!”

Written on: 07/10/2013

We booked a few days in the summer holiday, this looks like a nice place, it was less than 2 weeks notice. We paid nice and promptly about £80, within 3 days but unfortunately had serious life/death illness in our extended family which meant that we had to cancel. We called and informed them but they said they would not give us money back unless the pitch was rented again. The manager was stubborn, and though polite, he was uncooperative. How would we know if it had been rented again? He said that we'd have to trust him. We had no choice but to trust him to be reasonable and what do you know(?), he only gave us one night refund out of three nights booked. Had we not have been such prompt payers he would never have been able to take our money. A month or so later we had the opportunity to go again, so I called the guy and asked if, given the situation and that we had previously paid and received NOTHING if he would be reasonable and meet us half way. He refused, point blank, "No, I'm not going to do that" - nice! The feeling we are left with is that the proprietor is not interested in his guests, he is only interested in making money, we actually feel conned, though be it a relatively small amount of money. I'm not going to go crazy over £50 - £60 and I think he knows that but he was happy to take our money and give NOTHING in return. Not a nice site to deal with or person to deal with in my experience.