Poor service but cheap

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

HarrietGoon's review of Currys

“Poor service but cheap”

Written on: 10/07/2013 by HarrietGoon (1 review written)

I purchased a samsung laptop with intel i5, 1TB and 600 GB for £449 or so. This was a really good deal as it was cheap and gave me good memory etc for the price. I turned it on and it took ages to load, it then asked for my email address which was unusual on the first stage of login and synced to my account. The first thing I did was go online and download the free antivirus software. It was downloaded extremely quickly which was also bizarre. I ran the scan and it identified 638 threats which is virtually impossible on a "brand new unopened unused " machine. I took it to my local store and they agreed it was an anomaly but said I put myself at risk the moment you open the internet - but at 638 threats this is a bit extreme! They said they could not exchange or refund because it was a software issue but returning it online did not guarantee an exchange so I settled for a factory reset for free. I left the laptop in the shop but they gave me no receipt/ reference number or anything so I could prove it was mine. I was asked to only leave my name and number so as I left I was concerned I'd never get it back. They said they would call me the next day for collection. When I hadn't heard I tried to contact the store but found no details online so emailed customer services who ignored me for 3 weeks. I had no reference number so couldn't call but eventually found a number to get through to a person not a machine. They emailed the store who eventually phoned me a week later. It was over two weeks until I heard back via email. I have a very negative vibe toward my laptop regardless now as I am nervous about what else might go wrong or whoever the previous owner (which of course there must have been) has done to it.

• Quality of service