Don't believe anything they say or write down!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Currys

“Don't believe anything they say or write down!”

Written on: 19/11/2012

I had a feeling that in the dim and distant past I had previously had a bad experience with Currys, however after being unable to find the Zannusi cooker anywhere else I bit the bullet and ordered a cooker with Currys! We ordered it and arranged delivery. The salesperson seemed thorough and we gave details of the steps up to the house and the narrow lane. The paperwork said the cooker would be delivered, unwrapped and the packaging removed and that the old cooker would be taken away and recycled. The new cooker was delivered, but ...'Health and Safety' quoted the deliveryman stated they could not take the old cooker away. Apparently it's easier bringing a cooker up steps than down! The new cooker was not unwrapped either, so we were left with packaging and our old cooker to dispose of! After contacting Curry's I got NO satisfaction and they upheld the deliveryman's 'Health and Safety' declaration. What a joke!! So I will NOT be buying the hoover, TV and Washing machine from them. Can anyone recommend an alternative supplier of these goods?

• Festival Park Hanley