salesman with no knowledge & terrible customer service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Currys

“salesman with no knowledge and terrible customer service”

Written on: 30/10/2012

I visited the Currys store in Winterstoke Road Bristol - ordered a fridge freezer, TV and TV stand. Whilst looking at the TVs I asked the salesman if it supported Freesat without a box and was assured it did.

They delivered the wrong fridge freezer which was much smaller than the one I had ordered and I had to throw away a lot of frozen food. Rang customer service and was told they were out of stock of the one I had ordered and probably the "picker" had thought the one the sent was close enough to the correct model number! Said I had to return to the shop to re-order (customer service couldn't do that).

Not being very technically minded I had some trouble setting up the TV so asked a neighbour for help even buying a signal booster - after 2 days of trying to sort it out it transpired that the TV did not support Freesat without a box. Went back to the store again and was told the only TVs that do are 3D - this would have meant my spending a further £388. I asked if there was something that could be done on price seeing as they had messed up my entire order and was told they would give me free next day delivery! On my neighbours suggestion I bought a HDMI cable and used that to connect the satellite box and used the one scart socket for the DVD player.

I sent an email to Currys complaints and received a phone call apologising for the mistake and offering £30 voucher. They wouldn't move on this, despite my having lost more than £30 in food, additional bits for the TV and petrol for driving around.

My advice to anyone looking for electrical equipment is to avoid Currys and go elsewhere.

• Winterstoke Road Bristol