Price Promise - all lies!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Awfuldin's review of Currys

“Price Promise - all lies!”

Written on: 12/10/2012 by Awfuldin (1 review written)

I bought a Bosch washing machine on line only to finrd that Comet were offering the machine cheaper. Not to worry I thought as Currys price promise said

'In the unlikely event that you find a cheaper price, for the same product and offer, we'll not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. Our price promise even applies up to 7 days after purchase'.

However although the Comet machine was nearly £20 cheaper Currys failed to match their Price Promise as they said it didn't meet their 'terms' !!?? and quoted

'Looking through the details you have supplied I can confirm that the product sold by Comet is not sold on the same terms. We would match price of unit, although they are offering a discount code less 10%. We are not and as such the sale is not on the same terms.

If Comet had just reduced the price of the product we would look to apply our promise to this or if we too were offering a 10% discount code at that time, this would indicate the same selling terms.

I know that this is not the answer you were looking for, although, I do hope that I have made our position clear in this matter.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion in this matter'.

So in short because the Comet offer was cheaper it didn't meet their terms!

I will never shop with Currys again and urge you to be cautious, I have informed my friends and family and also Trading Standards.

Pity really because the washing machine is great.