Misinformation from staff cost ££

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Currys

“Misinformation from staff cost ££”

Written on: 30/08/2012

Ordered a washing machine and spent £20 on the installation service, and asked them to recycle my old machine.
They arrived and swiftly and said of my kitchen plug socket ''that's the wrong sort of socket, we can't touch those''.
They told me to pay for an emergency electrician to come round and change the socket immediately so that they could return the next morning. They actually asked me to PROMISE I would get it done.
Then when I paid £40 to the electrician I called and was told there were no delivery slots and the earliest possible was 6 days later....appalling.
Wasted £40 on the electrician, and £15 on phone calls to their 0844 number - not to mention the fact that the new machine was left in the middle of my kitchen floor, and that my next day off work was not until 10 days later when I have to arrange re-delivery for, and that for the meantime I need to go to a laundrette.
Incorrect information from their staff has cost me a lot of money, and their call centre staff are less than helpful.
Yet to see if the new machine even works!

• Quality of service