COMET'S UNETHICAL PRACTICES

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

FEDUP32's review of Comet

“COMET'S UNETHICAL PRACTICES”

Written on: 10/12/2012 by FEDUP32 (1 review written)

As we all know Comet has been taken over by the administratos Deloitte.

I bought a Samsung television in September of 2008 and took out an extended warranty.The television developed a fault on 12/11/12.I rung Comet and was advised it was still business as usual and arranged for it to be picked up on the 15/11/12

From that day until today 10/12/12,I have been fobbed off and essentially 'led up the garden path' in regard to any inquiries regarding the repair.

Initially I was told the repair centre was awaiting a part.After a few calls ,I was told this part was due to arrive on the 3/12/12 and would be called that evening to arrange a return delivery.

On the 4/12/12 I called after no contact from Comet and was advised that the system was still showing that the part was delivered.However,there were no couriers that were contracted to deliver any stock for Comet.By this time I requested my television returned unrepaired.

To this the reply was ,there were no couriers to deliver my tv back.Secondly the repair centre would not allow me to come and get it myself due to health and safety.Also I could not hire a delivery company to get it back to me.

On 8/12/12 I spoke to the helpline again and was advised all stock was being returned to the depot and I should get a call the week beginning the 10/12/12 to arrange a delivery as they now had couriers.

I have phoned today 10/12/12 just to be advised that the part for my television was due on the 12/12/12.I have explained that I just wanted my television back as I had lost faith in their system.To this I was told there were actually no couriers in place and I could not have it back.

My extended warranty company have taken the position of :'a comet manager has to sign off stating that my television is beyond repair.Essentially it is as they have not got the part .

If the practices of Comet are not unlawful(keeping my property,unwilling to return,fully paid for) I certainly consider it unethical.

• Samsung plasma £749.00

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Amandajulie1's Response to FEDUP32's Review

Written on: 14/12/2012

I have a similar problem with my Toshiba T.V. which went in for repair in November. I was assured that it would go to an outside repaired not connected with comet. This was not the case and it ended up in Comet repair shop. I had a call to tell me it had been fixed and would be delivered on Sunday 2nd Dec but it didn't turn up. I have been calling them daily since then but have been fobbed off with nothing but lies and false promises that it would be delivered back to me. I was told on 8th Dec that it would be delivered by Yodel but I have spoken to Yodel who do not have any such arrangements with Comet to make deliveries on it's behalf ( another lie by Comet). I expressed a wish to collect my T.V. myself but was also told this would not be allowed. How can this be the case? IT IS MY T.V.!!! I have today (14th December) been told that it will be delivered before Fri 21st December but this will probably turn out to be another lie. When I asked for a tracking number for my T.V. Comet did not have one. Funny that!
I am now awaiting another call on the promise from Comet that I will be contacted to arrange a specific delivery time. I'm not holding my breath as I have no faith in anything they tell me now after having been told so many bare faced lies! When I first contacted them when my T.V. was not delivered as arranged on 2nd Dec I was told that the delivery van had broken down and 2 or 3 items could not be delivered as planned. Today they have told me that there are in fact over 2000 items awaiting delivery to customers after being repaired. This is appalling customer service. Surely it cannot be legal to withold property that belongs to someone else. I'm not even allowed to arrange my own courier. This whole business is unethical. No wonder Comet have gone out of business. I bet they don't get any return customers.

Fedup32's reply to Amandajulie1's Comment

Written on: 18/12/2012

The service is appalling!!! I have phoned today. 18/12/12just to be told that Yodel has only started calling customers TODAY! the administrators apparently sent the email this morning....I don't understand how this can be going on and how people can just lie again and again