Shockingly abysmal customer service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Comet

“Shockingly abysmal customer service”

Written on: 04/11/2012

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop from Comet which overheated and died soon after purchase. I returned it to the store to be first told that I would have to contact the manufacturer. When reminded of the sale of goods act Comet reluctantly agreed to send it for repair. This took three weeks for them to advise me that they could not repair it and I would need to purchase a new laptop. I again advised them of the sale of goods act and that the laptop was not "fit for purpose". I made many calls to their head office in Hull who never returned my calls. I also sent many recorded delivery letters and eventually had to get trading standards involved and threaten to take them to the small claims court. This all took several months.

To cut a long story short Comet eventually reluctantly gave me gift vouchers as compensation. I have never experienced such appalling customer service from a company. Comets downfall was inevitable because they just did not care about their customers once they had taken your money, they never returned telephone calls and always tried to avoid responsibility for the products they sold.

Rippped99's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2012

I had a very similar experience many years ago & have never darkened their doorstep again like so many others it seems

Rachael98's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2012

I have to admit that Comet aren't great.
Or anywhere near great, for that matter.

Well done Comet! You're doing great...NOT.

Stevemenace's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2012

I agree, and the prices itself are ridiculous.. that's why ever since i was introduced to a website which builds your pc by the components you choose from their big list.. I stopped buying any computers or laptops, but rather self built..
I'm not going to mention the site even though i owe them big time because of how much satisfied i am with them (top customer service, quality and best bang for your buck)
I'm only going the company is in the uk, and i promise you if you start doing custom build pcs you will never regret it.. (btw make sure you check the company vat to see if they are legit and registered, you dont want to get scammed bro)