Staff attitude/service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Comet

“Staff attitude/service”

Written on: 25/10/2012

I went into the Crayford store on Monday to purchase a Candy washing machine that I had seen online. There were no staff upstairs so after just over 5 minutes waiting I went back downstairs and was ignored by the male staff member at the bottom of the escalator. This is when I usually walk out and go elsewhere but having done my research online and desperate for a washing machine I went to customer services. The female member of staff was more than happy to serve me and make a sale but after taking all my details said that my choice of machine was out of stock. She offered me the in-store one with a £20 discount and also the next price up version with a discount. I was offered free delivery on Wednesday and then the Comet product insurance.
After a while I was confused with prices and insurance so said that I would go away and think about it and come back. I went back less than two hours later and said that I wanted to buy my original machine and would have the in-store one. The same member of staff then told me that the delivery option that she had told me about wouldn't apply to the in-store machine and rang someone and quoted me £35 instead of £20 to install the machine on Friday. I said that I wasn't prepared to pay more than what I was originally quoted and was told that I should take it away myself (I'm not built to carry washing machines!) I cancelled my order came home and ordered it online - being delivered today (free delivery). Won't bother going to a comet store again unless it's just to view what I have looked at online. The staff member also lied to me, telling me that she had sold lots of this machine for the full advertised price of £369. When I telephoned Candy that afternoon to ask why I couldn't find a review for it I was told that it's a brand new machine and only went into stores the previous week.

• Crayford