Bought a tv that does not work & cant take it back!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Comet

“Bought a tv that does not work and cant take it back!”

Written on: 22/10/2012

I bought a tv for my daughters birthday on the 1st of october, the tv was opened on her birthday the 21st of october.
My daughter was delighted with her birthday presant until we found out the dvd player was more temperamental than your granny on acid and the usb point did not work at all!
So next day off we trot to comet, on arriving no one was at the customer service desk, which surprised me as when i wanted to buy something they were like a pack of hungry dogs, desperate to sell me anything i didnt want and noting i did want.
So half an hour passes and finally someone comes to help what a laugh. They told me to go home and ring the manufacture, but i insisted that they ring them as i live a hour away. They put me on the phone to manufacturer that agreed that they could just exchange it, but they refused on the grounds they could not override the system without a a "special code" and so i would have to send my daughters brand new tv back to get it fixed. ERRRRR no if i wanted a fixed broken telly i would have bought a refurbished one, but for whatver reason i decided this was the year i was not going to be a skripper and buy one brand new.
So as my daughter really did not want to loose her new tv i have now had to buy a blu ray player.This tv with all the extras you could possibly need that dont work is becoming very expensive.
The customer service team firstly need to learn some basic social skills, along with some basic manners.
I would not even wish the service i got from comet on my ex husband. The most comforting coment i got was from the manager who pretty much told me that he knows there policy is a load of rubbish but not even he would be able to find better service, which make me believe comet is the worst store i have ever been too. But if theres someone you dont like such as a mother inlaw or neighbor recommend them highly and sit back and watch there frustration.

• plymouth