fridge freezer

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Comet

“fridge freezer”

Written on: 04/09/2012

bought online and installed by comet 5th july stopped working 19th august as this was past the comet 6weeks return they could only offer a repair. engineer came had to order part still waiting . i am 82 years old and depend on fridge for mu daily meals but after numerous lengthy costly phone calls i have come to the conclusion COMET doesnt give a S---.

linda duncan

• Online

Branch Visited

• Quality of service

Moreirate's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2012

I will never ever buy anything from comet again .my dads fridge freezer that was installed on 5th july stopped working on 20th august and it has to be repaired they can not exchange it as you can only exchange within 6 weeks of purchase according to them and it was 6 weeks and 3 days . Repair man came out ordered part and it has not arrived yet .I have phoned several times costing 10p per minute and it has never been less than 25mins.Complete waste of time. How they expect anyone in this day and age to do without i do not know my dad is 82 and cani even keep milk for his cuppa in this weather.RAGING.com

Jaynemarr72's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2012

I totally sympathise...I bought a vacuum cleaner from Comet in Stoke-on-Trent, but only three months later, the motor blew, giving me an electric shock in the process...The staff at Comet were so rude and extremely arrogant. They said I had caused the motor to blow due to insufficient cleaning of the filter(which I had cleaned out just days beforehand!)Their attitude was disgusting, I have never ever experienced such shoddy customer service in my life! I put my foot down, and finally the bad mannered and thoroughly weird manager said he would get Panasonic to take a look at it! A month later, and i'm still waiting to hear from the store. PLEASE, PLEASE AVOID COMET AT ALL COSTS!!!! Just type Comet-bad customer service into Google and you will see exactly what I mean!