Bad Customer Service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

dplgp's review of Comet

“Bad Customer Service”

Written on: 03/09/2012 by dplgp (1 review written)

I recently brought a gas cooker from Comet for my terminally ill mother.Unfortunately she could not get on with it.The hob was very hard to operate and even I had a job with it when Itried it.I got onto comet and asked if we could exchange it for an electric cooker.They refused stating that it had been installed and therefore classed as used,even though it had not even been used yet.After explaining the situation the only thing they could offer was for an engineer to call and check it.If they decided it was faulty then it may be exchanged.Despertae to sort this out I accepted this,but I did not hold out much hope as I had already been told straight that Comet were n ot happy to exchange the cooker.
The engineers called out and inexpected the cooker and found no fault with it,but did explain that you have to hold the knob in for sometime on the hob for it too light.I explained that this would be too much for my mother and they suggested that I exchanged it for something else.I explained to them that Comet refused to do this and why.They were disgusted and explained that Comet had no right to do that as the cooker was obviously unused,with the grill still in its wrapping and plus I had contacted Comet within 28 days and by law I had the right to exchange or refund within 30 days.In view of how Comet had tried to fob me off,the engineers got in touch with Comet and arranged the exchange themselves.BUT that was not the end of it.When it came to delivery of the exchange it all went wrong.The cooker was taken to my mothers and then took straight back to Comet again. When I telephoned Comet to find out what had happened I was told that there was aproblem with the address and that Comet were not aware that the cooker to be removed was installed,altough I had made that clear in the very beginning,afterall this was why they refused to do the exchange in the fist place.Plus the engineers had given the right address as well.After being put on hold for ages then cut off and then having to ring back and then put on hold again I was finally informed that if I wanted this exchange to go ahead I would have to pay £75.00 to get the gas cooker unistalled first.So desperate by now to get all of this sorted out for my poor Mother,I agreed to pay it.
I am disgusted that Comet could treat us in such a way,especially with my mother being terminally ill.I had been a customer with Comet for many years and have brought alot of goods from them in the past,but after this I will never shop with them again

• Northampton