Customer service - what customer service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Comet

“Customer service - what customer service”

Written on: 02/09/2012

I went into Comets in Chelmsford yesterday to buy a TV combo. Firstly it took ages to actually find a member of staff and one only appeared after speaking to the manager (as it turned out). Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but if I'm in a shop trying to buy a television I don't think it's unfair to expect to be able to see the item in action. Yes they were turned on, yes they were plugged into an aerial. Could I look at the function of the item, no, because there wasn't a remote control by any of the television. So I asked the salesman if I could have one to try the set out. Off he went to find one. Came back ages later without the remote. How we're supposed to make a judgement on the which we consider the best set without actually being able to see it in action is anyones guess. The salesman was sullen and really couldn't be bothered, apparently they don't put the remotes out because people steal them. Ok fair enough, but not having them available in a locked drawer maybe. When asked how we're supposed to make a decision he just said "we'll sell them anyway". Brilliant attitude. Never, ever going to Comets again. The whole point of going in a shop is so you can see the item working. And they wonder why people buy off the internet.

• chelmsford