Nearly Four Stars But...

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Fifitrix's review of Comet

“Nearly Four Stars But...”

Written on: 25/08/2012 by Fifitrix (1 review written)

On entering the shop we noticed the price promise and were assured these were the best prices, which I took as the truth so we placed our order. As soon as we went home and Googled the cooker we found John Lewis to be £70 cheaper. I was furious to have been taken in so easily so the next day I called to cancel the order. However, the guy was helpful on the phone, even though I was ranting a little. He refunded the price difference, without us having to go back to the shop with our card. I feel this should not have been necessary in the first place but I presume there are a lot of people out there who don't check the prices and miss out on the price match promise.

The people who deserve SIX stars are the delivery people. They use oncall.co.uk and they are top class. They delivered early in the morning, installed the cooker and explained how it worked. When I commented on the cooker jutting out from the wall by at least two inches (because of the gas fitting), without having to ask him, the fitter turned the fitting around so it could go nearer the wall. What a star!

• Hamilton, Palace Gardens