Rude & unpleasant

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

GillesCouturier's review of Comet

“Rude and unpleasant”

Written on: 22/08/2012 by GillesCouturier (1 review written)

I reserved a Beko fridge from you website on Tuesday 21/08/12 BEKO LX5053W Undercounter Fridge – White
On the website the only available picture was of the outside, and the description just mentioned 3 glass shelves.

As a small caravan park all equipped with undercounter beko fridges I presumed this one would be similar to the ones we have eg with and ice box, nothing in the description pointed to the fact that it did not have one.

Having taken delivery of the fridge from the Penzance outlet ( branch 2147 ) I discovered upon slipping it out of its box it did not have an ice box. The packing material was not removed and the fridge not even taken inside to the intended location.

I returned the fridge to the branch and tried to make my point that what I collected was not well described on the website hence ending up with a product that I could not use and which should most probably have been described as a larder fridge.

The sale assistant was courteous but unhelpful and told me a charge of 15pct would be levied. I tried to order a replacement with an ice box and was told I would have to do it from the internet because they was none in stock and pay a delivery charge of £18.
The store manager whom I had called to the desk in the hope that she would listen to my point of view , actually refused to listen, was downright abrupt and unpleasant, told me that the she had nothing to do with the website, and how products were displayed, charged me the 15pct return charge and beat a retreat in a back office.

I was the only customer in the shop.

Customer service : 0 out of 5