Very sick dog!

rcrowley32's review of Pets at Home Puppy Complete

“Very sick dog!”

Written on: 19/11/2011 by rcrowley32 (5 reviews written)

I got my 10 week old puppy the Pets at Home brand of dog food. When I switched from the food the breeder had given me to this brand she started getting horrible diarrhea and blood in her stool. I though it was Parvo or some equally horrible disease. She was miserable and became dehydrated and I had to give her Dioralyte. And at one point I thought she might actually die.

I read up on quality dog food and how a high percentage of meat is very important. This brand of dog food had only 10% meat, while others had 30% or more. It was only half the price of high quality dog food (1/3 of the meat should be 1/3 of the price so they're obviously making a lot of money making dogs sick!)

I switched my puppy to Eukanuba and she was so much better!!! She immediately starting pooping normally and eventually gained back the weight that she lost on the Pets at Home brand.

Please, for your dog's sake and your own, do not buy this!