Old chappie back please so many dogs are ill

Guest's review of Chappie Original Dog Food

“Old chappie back please so many dogs are ill ”

Written on: 02/02/2013

Please why have chappie changed the food. I can't cope on seeing my dog like this!!!!! He's always been on chappie no problems before December 18th I thought it was the Xmas deco so I took it all down. No I had to take him to the vets during Xmas because he is scratching himself to bleed badly biting his feet legs in between legs he was bleeding all the time. The vet put him on steroids to help which they didn't so the vet put the dose up and up. I clean the house from top to down in case there was something in the house. Change his walks, so he could never come of the lead so I've was always on the path. 2 months of really upset seeing my dog like this. When went to buy a new bag of dog food and notice NEW IMPROVED NIPPLES you are having a laugh. I drove over 100 miles to small dog shops to find an old bag of dog food which I did only a small one. Whithin 3 days my dog was back to normal. What a Relief !!!! But then the penny drop what I'm going to do when this bag runs out!!!!! When I am back to where I started I have introduced 4 different foods dog but none of them are helping him!!!!! Please please change the chappie back dry and tin food before my dog scratches and eat himself. Yesterday he couldn't even walk because he has chewed all the skin of his paws. Please do something !!!!!!

Evansc's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2013

Wagg sensative works for my dogs but i went through the same pain as you. Chappie tell me they have changed nothing they wont admit their mistake. I hope your sorted but if not try wagg sensative.

Jrtowner's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

I googled "dog food causing scratching2 and have just read this review. After a specialist Vet consultation in 2011, I was advised to feed my dog Chapppie. When Chappie was "improved" and it seemed to disagree with my dog, I managed to buy almost a years supply of the "old "mix which ran out October 2013. I was forced to buy the "improved" Chappie. After a few weeks I noticed my dog scratching, and it was getting worse as the weeks passed. I changed her food and itch disappeared. When Mars changed the "recipe" I wrote to egister my concerns but it fell on deaf ears. I do not know what I will now feed my dog. Original Chappie agreed with my dog, was low fat, high fibre which is what she needs. Biggr profits to Mars would appear to be more important than their customer!!!