Bring back the old Chappie - if it aint broke, dont fix it!

zoemac1983's review of Chappie Original Dog Food

“Bring back the old Chappie - if it aint broke, dont...”

Written on: 18/12/2012 by zoemac1983 (1 review written)

I agree with most people on here, they have definitely changed the biscuits and meat whatever they say. My collie has a very sensitive stomach and has now been happy on chappie for a year. I recently bought him a new sac of biscuits and they were the new type, and the meat is the new type too. I wouldnt say it has given him diorrhea but its not great on a daily basis! And it makes him fart now which he never used to do....not so great!!!!
I really wish they would bring back the old kibble and meat...if it isnt broke, dont fix it!!
I have now had to go back to Hills dog food however this is VERY expensive and comes from the vets but it does seem to work with his stomach. A good alternative to chappie but NOT a cheap alternative!! Is very expensive to keep your dog on this. The vets say it is more of a short term fix rather a staple food.
Has anyone found another food that is suiting their dog now that Chappie doesnt? My collie is energetic and eats a lot of food so going to fresh meat and rice is an option but a very expensive one!

Latchford9's Response to zoemac1983's Review

Written on: 29/12/2012

Hi I agree. My dog was on chappie due to his sensitive stomach. The chicken and rice meat was always light and chalky. This new stuff is dark and mushy and upset his stomach which now leaves me trying other foods while my poor dog suffers

Cal33's Response to zoemac1983's Review

Written on: 08/01/2013

I'm another dog owner who agrees with the unnecessary change for the worst with Chappie Complete. Neither of my dogs will eat the new formula, and I've had to add homemade gravy to even tempt them a little to the beef variety (I had to bin the chicken and rice, they wouldn't touch it whatever I did, and it smelt awful). Oh joy! today I found a 15kg bag of the original and they dove straight in when I fed them tonight. Also, I used to put a little of their allowance in their 'Kong' toys, so they had fun rolling them around to retrieve it, the new kibble is far too big to let me do this!. I've emailed the manufacturers and told them of the problems. Hopefully if enough people do this they will go back to the original.

Evansc's reply to Cal33's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2013

Did you get a reply, i sent them email had no reply at all.
Very dissapointing we now feed our dogs Waggs sensitive very good alternative.
Kate

Cal33's reply to Evansc's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

No reply, they obviously don't care. I'll look out for the Waggs and try my dogs with that. In the meantime, they have been getting boiled rice with added boiled fish or chicken. Not the cheapest alternative but a little of the rice goes a long way, and a pan full lasts a couple of days.