Change for the Worse!

elrhia's review of Chappie Original Dog Food

“Change for the Worse!”

Written on: 09/12/2012 by elrhia (1 review written)

My lab x had pancreatitis 2 years ago and we swapped his food to Chappie, with no problems whatsoever. Then they changed - I even phoned them and they said its just the packaging that had changed! Well this last week my dog has been very poorly, been in the vets on a drip.
He has come home and is eating (rice and chicken for meals at moment) but will not even sniff Chappie biscuits or the meat. Tried him with little bits of other stuff and eats it no problems.
My problem now is what do I feed a dog who is prone to pancreatitis and collitis?
I am so angry!!!

Jennylinda's Response to elrhia's Review

Written on: 14/12/2012

My 8 year old terrier was quite happy on old Chappie chicken dried food but now doesn't seem to be able to eat the new variety without getting diarrhoea.
I am currently feeding him Natural Instinct raw chicken and turkey and this seems to have settled his stomach.

Latchford9's Response to elrhia's Review

Written on: 29/12/2012

Hi I have the same problem. My dog was put on chappie due to sensitive tummy. Apparently the new one has wheat germ which has gone right through my dog and made him very poorly

I have him on royal canin recovery at the minute as he is so poorly. It is very expensive but its what I need to do to get him better. Then what I don't know

Elrhia's reply to Latchford9's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2012

Unfortunately my dog was put to sleep two weeks ago, I am devastated :( :(

Latchford9's reply to Elrhia's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2013

Hi I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss. They become part of you family and it is so difficult at normal times but heart breaking at this time of year.

My dog has a few problems and I wake up every morning hoping he is still with us

Your dog will have gone over rainbow bridge now where all the other dogs go when they pass. They have no pain or illness and are free to run. If you haven't already and you are up to it google dogs and rainbow bridge

Having lost 2 of mine a while back it still pains my heart so I do know how you feel. They say time is a great healer and its true. I can now think about them and smile instead of breaking down sobbing

My thoughts are with u

Elrhia's reply to Latchford9's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2013

thank you. i know about rainbow bridge I could cry .. again :(
hope your doggie is okay x