Chappie Original NOT the NEW Kibbles

Guest's review of Chappie Original Dog Food

“Chappie Original NOT the NEW Kibbles”

Written on: 20/08/2012

We have fed our Cocker on Chappie Original (the old one) since 2007 and he loved it but now the new Chappie has be introduced in larger kibbles he refuses to eat it he just sniffs it and walks away. Bring back the old CHappie Original or someone let me know where I can still get it.

Poodlesmum's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2012

Thought it was just my dogs that didn't like the new Chappie. I also would like the old original but can no longer get it. One of my standard poodles will eat it ( he will eat anything as he is on medication for Addisons disease) but my other dog just picks at it. Now don't really know what to feed them!!!!

Barneysmum's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2012

I am at my wits end as my dog will not eat the new Chappie dry dog food, why on earth have they changed it, can't manufacturers stop messing about with things because I know one thing, they have lost another customer.

Markanthony15091961's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2012

.........if they havn't changed anything why are so many owner reporting the same problem, our local pet supplies told me this week that he has been inundated with people looking for the "Original" rather than the new as their pet wont eat the new.

Markanthony15091961's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2012

Contacted Mars regarding the above and for those that are interested this was their reply.........................

"We often found that consumers would find the name original confusing as they weren’t too sure what they were feeding their dog , so we redesigned the packaging and changed its name to Beef and Wholegrain. The recipe mix hasn’t changed at all, though we have introduced two larger kibbles that encourage your dog to chew and increasing the abrasion they need for good dental health."

.............If they havn't changed anything why are so many people reporting that their dogs wont eat it, seams a bit strange to me.

Wyk1's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2012

I'm with you - our dog has diet problems and Chappie original (smaller chunks) worked wonders - it was the only thing she could/would eat. Now that they have introduced the NOT so 'new and improved' kibble, our dog will not eat it or regurgitates the whole chunks! They are far too big to digest and clearly not a welcome change to our dogs stomach! I have even written to Chappie (Mars) ! PLEASE bring back the Chappie original. I am pulling my hair out over what to feed our poor pet!!!