burns high oats dry dog food

Guest's review of Burns Dog Food

“burns high oats dry dog food”

Written on: 13/10/2012

My border collie started suffering with constipation and diarrhoea when she was 3. Having tried every single thing I could think of I went to the vets because she was becoming so thin. After nearly £1,500 worth of surgery, biopsies and head scratching I was informed that they didn't actually know what was wrong with her other than 'yes, she does seem to have some sort of stomach agrivating aliment'. I was loaded down with drugs for her and told to feed her the Hills science diet. Disaster. My poor dog grew thinner and more sickly until at last I knew I had to fix her or have her suffering ended. I tried all the Burns foods and still not what I was looking for, in the end I threw my hands up in the air , stopped all her medication and opted for the Burns high oats . With some trepidation as to the wording on the package telling me it was for overweight dogs I just kept thinking that the extra fibre might help. Within 4 days of being off the meds and on the high oats my dog started to rapidly improve. She is now 10 and still on the high oats, her weight is spot on and her tummy troubles are resolved ( unless someone sneaks her a treat she shouldn't have) I am eternally grateful to Burns for saving my dog, I truly believe she would not be here today if I hadn't discovered this food. The Burns helpline is very helpful also for advise and the food actually works out cheaper than most tinned brands! Thank you Mr Burns

Susanjacks's Comment

Written on: 22/02/2013

Thank you for your story. I have been going down the same root. I have started to put the fish and rice kibble in her prescription food to slowly take off vet food. If this doesn't work she has to have camera and biopsies done. My last dog was on burns and it stopped colitis, fingers crossed my new dog will get better on burns food. Fingers crossed.