Burns Pork & Potato - change to recipe/manufacturer

Guest's review of Burns Dog Food

“Burns Pork & Potato - change to recipe/manufacturer”

Written on: 13/06/2011

I have been using Burns for some time as 2 of my Chow Chows developed an intolerance to poultry based premium dry dog food. Burns Pork & Potato was the answer. I changed all my dogs (5) of them onto Burns, on likes the fish and the other 2 like the lamb variety.

All was well until I purchased my last bag of Burns Pork & Potato. When I opened it I noticed it was much darked in colour, but didn't think anything of it, then when I soaked it for my oldie I noticed it was a lot firmer (it used to fall apart when soaked) so something has definately changed! Then within 48 hours of using the 'new' bad they both developed upset tummies! Usually I have be watch out for them being constipated!

Has anyone else noticed this change? Burns has said that they have changed manufacturers but the recipe is the same?

I seemes awfully coincidental that both my dogs developed the same reaction?

Written on: 17/07/2011

My Dog has IBD. She was doing fantastically well on Burns Pork and Potato untill the last bag which is aparently supplied by a new manufacturer.
The new Burns Pork and Potato makes her really constapatied. The advisor at burns said that they had not had any one call about the change to the food. She advised adding a small amount of veg oil and that I was feeding too much. Oil and cutting down the meal size has made no difference. I am stuck with two bags of the stuff!

Written on: 23/07/2011

My English Pointer has IBD too. He has been doing brilliantly on Burns pork and potato since they first started producing it (he was on a home cooked diet of pork and potato for a year before we found the Burns food). We started a new bag 2 weeks ago. He was OK for about a week, but then his IBD symptoms have started to return. I'm going to call Burns to talk to them about it, as this is the only food he has ever been able to tolerate. Don't know where we will go from here if this change is for good. Back to home cooking I suppose!

Written on: 21/07/2011

My gsd has also become constipated with the burns pork and potato since they changed manufacturers .I to was told to give some oil with the food.I'm sure a lot of people are having problems since the change