Don't ! Just Don't !

davewatts2000's review of Bakers Complete Dog Food

“Don't ! Just Don't !”

Written on: 02/11/2013 by davewatts2000 (2 reviews written)

I am not a reviewer by any means, but this is different. I'd been feeding my JRT this for a good few years and on reflection he never gained weight, never settled or really relaxed around the house (even tho he is 7), Whinged a lot generally about anything, paid lots of attention to his ears and moults he loads. Even tho he is walked twice a day and has loads of toys and things etc I thought there might have been a touch or boredom going on until one night after dinner he started to slink around (if you have a JRT you'll know what I mean!) and lick himself raw. Several vet bills later and no cure in sight i saw something on tv that implied 'you are what you eat'. Accidentally I googled Bakers Complete ... eeeeek !! Cutting a long story short, following the worst bout of nighttime runs i have ever had to clear up I changed his diet to chicken and brown rice with carrots and peas (yep, he was eating better than me!) for 10 days or so while i properly researched dog food brands and types. Gradually I began to replace his chicken and rice with James Wellbeloved kibble. I now have a totally different JRT. The transformation is stunning. Calm and relaxed, fun, mischievous and less windy ! The Bakers Complete label is scary - its full of implications and double talk. If im honest I was definatley sucked in by the advertising campaign. In my opinion .. Bakers Complete - No, just dont, for the sake of your dog ! If I didnt have to give a star on here i wouldnt be. If there was a skull and crossbones id be using that !