Terrible - Royvon Boarding Kennels Merthyr Tydfil

pdawson's review of Royvon Boarding and Dog Training Kennels, Merthyr Tydfil - www.royvon.co.uk

“Terrible - Royvon Boarding Kennels Merthyr Tydfil”

Written on: 08/08/2012 by pdawson (1 review written)

I had booked my dog in for a weeks stay on a 4* package. Two lots of 45 minute activities/playtime each day. I thought this service was great as my dog needs a lot of exercise. Just by chance I happened to check out the webcam two hours before dropping my dog off. I was absolutely disgusted by what I saw. Two teenage \"hoodie\" layabouts were wandering around the indoor/outdoor play area, totally ignoring the dogs. There was no interaction at all. All the dogs were doing were wandering around looking totally bored. there were no toys or anything for the dogs to play with, so basically they were just let out of their kennels to wander around. Bearing in mind this place is extremely expensive, given the fact that I had booked the 4* package - I could not believe what I was seeing. I telephoned Royvon and was told that they do have some work experience people in (hence the teenage "hoodie" types). When also questioning the lack of activities and toys for the dogs, was simply told that they do not have these due to the fact that it could make the dogs "too excited"! How completely unbelievable is that? The whole point of the package which I had booked was that their would be play and activities. So in fact all I was going to get was my dog let out of her kennel for 45 mins in the morning and afternoon. All this company want is your money. They have no regard for your dogs welfare or happiness at all. I explained, on the phone, that there was absolutely no way that I would put my dog in their care whilst I was away on holiday. I lost my deposit and ended up putting my dog in her normal kennels (she was absolutely fine). I would not recommend Royvon to anyone who loves their dog.

Darren James's Response to pdawson's Review

Written on: 24/08/2012

Sarah Draper - Director at Royvon South Wales

I am sorry to hear that this customer watched our webcams and was not happy with the level of interaction the dogs received. All the play groups are filmed so I went back and watched the session in question and felt happy with what I saw. All group are different depending on their breed and energy levels. There was an experienced supervisor present and 2 work experience volunteers. They did interact with the dogs and there where toys used. We use toys depending on each group of dogs. Sadly we couldn’t live up to this customers expectations. A refund of her deposit has been issued.
I think labeling people who wear hooded tops to be ‘layabouts’ is unfair. Part of our uniform is navy hooded tops. We have many enquiries for young people to gain work experience through us as their options are limited.