Highly Recommend!!!

Nswan's review of Royvon Boarding and Dog Training Kennels, Merthyr Tydfil - www.royvon.co.uk

“Highly Recommend!!!”

Written on: 02/03/2012 by Nswan (1 review written)

ROYVON DOG TRAINING SCHOOL - WALES
We sent Murphy, our border collie to Royvon for the full 3 week training course Feb 2012. Being a bright, border collie, Murphy outwitted us on all previous training techniques in trying to get him to walk to heel without pulling on the lead and also the biggest problem was the constant running off to joggers and other dogs. We had a personal weekly trainer and weekly classes and nothing worked. Our lives were being dominated by our cheeky dog!

Royvon was the last resort! On arrival Murphy was allocated to Dai Ward and we were confident that he was in safe hands! The training centre is well equipped for indoor / outdoor training and with relief and a little bit of sadness we said goodbye. Within a few days Dai was in touch to let us know Murphy was settling in and doing well. We received weekly updates by telephone and on Facebook - the progress was fast! We had pics and videos of Murphy walking to heel and working around distractions.....we were gob smacked that in a short amount of time Dai had Murphy walking to heel and actually in controlof him around other dogs.

We collected Murphy after the three week period and found a happy dog responding to Dai and we wondered will he respond to us as well as Dai?

We needn't have worried we had a 2 hour training session with Dai and Murphy and we have brought home a well trained dog. We can walk Murphy without being dragged around the streets - a big bonus!!! His 'stay' command is amazing which is particularly useful when we spy other dogs near us. The 'leave' command and the better use of our vocal techniques that we were taught are working well. The foundation training methods used by Royvon initially to train Murphy have set the path for us to maintain. Our investment in Royvon is paying off and we only wish we had used them 6 months ago - Dai is a great asset to Royvon, he has a natural understanding of dogs hence why they respond so well to him. Move over Caeser Milan - we have our own dog whisperer!!! Thanks Dai!!

Guest's Response to Nswan's Review

Written on: 05/06/2012

Ok so you are traveling with dog in tow. I would susgegt you go about routing out your destination via a googled map first as to how many towns you have in between your starting point and that of your final destination area. Next, go check by calling a few of the clinics that are within this area of travel for pricing for lodging your dog and any vet fees for whatever he needs. Only you know what your dog needs at moment because I cant physically see him/her to tell you based on the medical aspect. But to further the information I am susgegting With this option, as you go if the dog gets sick you have a wide option of vets and such to go to in any event of emergency. Also if there will be problems you have referral places for that vet to contact. But if you intend to keep dog close to home try some of the places you boarded previously. Many a times your local vet will board a dog on a small scale housing fee for the length of your trip. For addition fees they will give your dog shots and do routine checks to make sure he/she remains healthy. And by the way, where do you intend to travel? Reason I have to ask is because this question gives no real indication to truly give you all the information you want and with what you really need to know I cant find too much for you. Without that knowledge to where you are actually headed first I am lost in translation.Sorry if I can't be of better service but I hope my ideas help some.