Not cheap but can now walk my dogs with complete control

Paul1958's review of Masterplus Pro Remote Training Collar

“Not cheap but can now walk my dogs with complete control”

Written on: 22/08/2012 by Paul1958 (1 review written)

I have two springer spaniels, normally very well behaved, that is until they get a scent, especially of a pheasant. Then they go deaf :-), their sence of smell drowns out everything else and they're off. taking them for a walk from October onwards, when pheasants are let out, had become a major trial.

So I bought two Masterplus collars, invested in 1/2 day with a dog trainer (mainly training me), and the result has been amazing. I can even walk through a field full of pheasants with the dogs at heel and me in (very nearly) full control. The collars are marvellous, totally harmless to the dogs, just grap their attention when they would otherwise be deaf to me.

Only slight negative would be battery life. If left for a while the battery in the collar unit dies. I believe this problem has now been remedied in the latest model with an on/off switch.