Cavalier King Carles Spaniels - Doggie perfection :-)

Guest's review of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

“Cavalier King Carles Spaniels - Doggie perfection :-)”

Written on: 28/06/2013

Even with all the warnings about the various health problems this breed can have, I'd hankered after a Cav for years and was over the moon when I got one two years ago for my 40th birthday. As I type this my darling girl is snuggled up right next to me, as close as she can get, in fact so close it amazes me that she can still manage to breath sometimes. She's nearly 6 years old and having got her from a breeder, who'd used her as a puppy breeding machine and was finished with her, in my wish to give Poppy a normal home life, I ignored every piece of advice about seeing heart and health checks before buying her, and jumped in knowing full well it could cost me dearly. However, two years on I'm so blessed that not only is she the absolute joy of my life, she's also, so far, fit as a flea.

Yes Cavs can shake the rafters with the vibrations from their snoring and mine in particular has an uncanny ability of finding and rolling in the smelliest thing she can find on our walks, but she'll always come bounding back to me so full of pride and joy to tell me how great she smells, that I can't be annoyed with her for more than 2 seconds.

In returrn for cuddles, feeding and regular rides in the car, (which she absolutely loves), every time she sees me she's beside herself with joy, (even if I've only been gone 5 minutes); when she knows she's going out for a walk she literally bounces and spins out the door with excitement; she seems to love me unconditionally; and having realised I like having my feet and ankles massaged at the end of the day, she does the next best thing she can and gives them a thorough wash instead.

In short this dog breed is absolutely fabulous and I can't ever see myself getting anything other than Cavs