Glass Streks & Poor Warranty

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Johnsmyth's review of Hotpoint FDL570X Aquarius

“Glass Streks and Poor Warranty”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by Johnsmyth (1 review written)

I bought a Hotpoint dishwasher just over three years ago after reading some pretty good reviews mostly based on the value for money aspect, which I can't really argue about. My machine has been fine up until recently, washes pretty good, leaves some white streaks on glasses as long as you clean the filters every month or so.
Recently though I got the flashing lights on the front door which indicates that the flood sensor is activated and stops the machine. You need to tip it over to empty the water out, but what is the point as its just going to leak again. After much investigation I found that my machine has two pin holes in the steel tub near the sump were the water is pumped out. I contacted Hotpoint to ask what could be done since it was outside warranty and was very surprised to hear that this could not be fixed as it was not a replaceable item and so there was nothing they could or would do.
I don't normally write reviews but people are better knowing that they could possibly have an issue with Hotpoint machines as I suspect the steel used is similar across the range. There is a lot of truth in the saying "you get what you pay for" and so I got a dishwasher that lasted 3 years.

• More than 1 year