My dishes smell!!! Do not buy this product!!!

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

bubbabrown's review of Fisher and Paykel DD 603 Double Drawer

“My dishes smell!!! Do not buy this product!!!”

Written on: 01/06/2013 by bubbabrown (1 review written)

Water apparently is expected to sit and stagnate in a little catch pan and most likely is splashing up at the dishes. The dishes literally stink like a bacteria has coated them. My husband had to blow out the lines and we tried a rinse with white vinegar but it doesn't take long for the smell to come back. I have tried to dry up that disgusting little catch plan and clean it fresh with soap and water many times but to no avail. The design of this system is a piece of junk as the dirty water cannot drain out after each wash and seems to backwash onto the dishes. We tried everything and the only thing that helped is blowing out the lines every few weeks and doing a white vinegar rinse. The worst part is that when you go to unload you find yourself either wasting energy by trying another round or wasting time by having to hand wash and dry all of the dishes. This evening, instead of relaxing and enjoying with my family, I had a lot of extra work since the dishes literally smelled like dirty behind after I ran the dishwasher today. So fed up with this product!!! Going out tomorrow to get a Kitchen Aid and throwing the Fisher Paykel onto the sidewalk. Don't buy this product unless you don't mind eating off of smelly dishes. Those who think the dishwasher is working fine should take a whiff of their dishes. The dishes may look clean and dry but they smell!!!

• More than 1 year