$2000+ & counting

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Fisher and Paykel DD 603 Double Drawer

“$2000+ and counting”

Written on: 07/12/2012

We spent $1.4k on our DD603 plus extended warranty plus installation. Then over the past 10 years, spent an additional ~$800 on repairs. Finally, I took over the fixing myself to save cost and keep the wife happy.

About two months ago, there was a leak which messed up the main filter board at the bottom. I bought and replaced the board, the top and bottom wiring harness and one of the controllers for $350.

Last week, the top lid did not appear to shut properly, there was moisture on the side of the tub, the top controller went kaput (I think) and the unit was rendered 'not useful'. I replaced the controller for $150 and this time, it did the beeping dance all night until we yanked the plug.

Now, I'm scouring the net for stories and sympathies for throwing $500 on a dying unit instead of xmas gifts for the family (at this point, miraculously fixing the dishwasher will be considered a gift by the wife).

If only someone can tell me how to get this thing to work with just the good bottom drawer and without the beeping soundtrack, we may just use the top drawer for storage. OR just cough it up and replace this wondrous piece of * for a reliable and working unit.

BTW, we ALWAYS rinse the dishes before placing it in. It is ironic that some here thinks that their working unit is because of their incredibly good habits and not their infrequent use or that their unit will not fail miserably in the new few days, weeks, months ...

• More than 1 year