Mice have access to clean dishes

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

kbgah's review of Fisher and Paykel DD 603 Double Drawer

“Mice have access to clean dishes”

Written on: 10/05/2012 by kbgah (1 review written)

I was horrified to find that mice have access to the inside of the dish drawer through the hot air vent. This is a design fault easily fixed by incorporating a grill over the hot air vent. I should be able to wash the dishes and know that they are clean not find the mouse has been able to get inside the dishwasher and contaminate the dishes for the sake of a simple stainless mesh grill either fixed to or incorporated in the moulded plastic. I actually saw the mouse disappear into the vent.

I called customer care and was told to get an exterminator. This was very unhelpful and non caring. Unless our dishwasher is defective in this regard we will not be the first to have this problem.

We have a country house and cats with a penchant for "live release" in the house.

The problem is with the design of the appliance.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

Jill-Mouse's Response to kbgah's Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

I know exactly what you mean, I live in the country as well and recently my dish drawer has that smell of death...I have taken the drawers out searched and cleaned everything,, we ran the machine twice on a heavy wash setting with an approved dishwasher cleaner but I still smell death every time I open my dish drawer. So it has been about a week and I'm doing all my dishes by hand...(mother of 3) does anyone know if a mouse can get into the plastic casing of the drawer??? I haven't taken the front off, maybe it's in there...To make matters worse, last time I had a tech out here they charged me $82.00 and he was only here for 12 minutes (I had the drawer in lock position..oooops) but then I received a call from repair shop telling me they charged me incorrectly and needed to charge me $90.00 for the 60k trip to my house...I asked what the 82.00 was for and was told a country charge up fee of $60.00 and $22.00 for work done (pfft). I can tell you I didn't pay the $90.00 and I was so upset that they called in the first place. We have spent a fortune in that repair shop over the years (washing machines, dishwashers as we own a couple of properties) BAD ALL AROUND!!!