Utter Rubbish

• Style

• Service & Support

jamkam's review of Fisher and Paykel DD 603 Double Drawer

“Utter Rubbish”

Written on: 11/02/2012 by jamkam (3 reviews written)

New kitchen and the husband allowed me anything I wanted so on that basis I wanted the beautiful, shiny 2 drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwasher to match the equally shiny, beautiful 2 drawer Hotpoint fridge.

Unfortunately the shine of the dishwasher diminished after only a couple of weeks. It broke. Wouldn't work. Turned out that the sensors were sensing that the drawers were open when infact the drawers were shut. That took 4 visits over a period of 2 weeks to figure that fault out.

Three years on and not a month has gone by that an Engineer hasn't called to our house - we have even had a couple of faults that the Engineer said weren't possible! We have dealt with a myriad of Engineers who have absolutely no idea what to do and comment on how clean, fresh smelling and shiny it is but don't actually know how to fix it. In Scotland, where were we live, there apparently are only 2 firms that deal with Fisher & Paykel and one of those firms is absolutely useless.

The dishwasher is unreliable even when working - turn it on last thing at night and you are pretty much guaranteed to enter the kitchen, come the morning, to a blue flashing light and strange beeping noise that is telling you that it has stopped mid cycle and needs the drawer to be opened, to then be shut and finally you can try the button again to start it up. How annoying is that?

I have wiped the seals, I have religiously cleaned the filter, I have bought special dishwasher powder, I have treated this dishwasher like a small child and not given it hard tasks to deal with handwashing pots, pans and casserole dishes so as not to over burden it. All a complete waste of time.

For the last 60 days we have been without the dishwasher - I personally think the dishwasher knew Christmas was approaching and decided to have some kind of mental breakdown. The Engineer was at a loss to figure out what was wrong and so we have been waiting on a new part to be shipped from Australia that may or may not make the dishwasher work.

So for 60 days I have handwashed everything and yesterday it was agreed that our unreliable but still shiny Fisher & Paykel dishwasher is going to be replaced. We have finally had enough.

Hooray!

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Response to jamkam's Review

Written on: 05/04/2012

You made my family laugh with your witty comments, true but funny, A very humorous review - but thank you I have decided not to buy the product.
I think that customer after care service is the thing we end up paying for - so I shall return to John Lewis and not tempt fate by buying elsewhere.

Jamkam's reply to Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2013

Just noticed this comment - had no idea that I had convinced someone not to buy the above dishwasher and I'm pleased I have saved you the heartache and frustration of owning this machine. We have had to replace the replacement for the replacement to the replacement of the 2 drawer dishwasher and upgraded to a snazzy dishwasher that likens to a disco with blue lights inside - no problems, thank the Lord but it's still early days and nearing Christmas and we all know how much dishwashers hate Christmas! I sincerely hope that your dishwasher from John Lewis has faired better! :)

Jamkam's reply to Guest's Comment