FISHER AND PAYKEL DISH DRAWER

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

WayneJackson's review of Fisher and Paykel DD 603 Double Drawer

“FISHER AND PAYKEL DISH DRAWER”

Written on: 10/12/2011 by WayneJackson (2 reviews written)

I purchased two single Dish Drawers five years ago. The only problem I ever had was when coloured gravel from the fish tank........er, found its way into the impellor and trashed it. The engineer was out straight away and fixed it immediately. I asked him about some of the problems I had heard with Dish Drawers, particularly the upper seal failing and water ruining the electrics. He told me that a lot of damage is caused by dishwashing tablets as they are very, very harsh and damage the seal by causing fine debris to stick to it giving it a roughish texture. That means the seal is no longer not watertight. He told me to use the powdered dishwasher stuff instead as it is not as harsh. I laughed but he then told me to feel the surface of the seal and, lo and behold, it was grainy.

He told me to give him a call in a few weeks and, if it was still rough and grainy after using the powered cleaner, he would replace the seals.

Within a couple of weeks of taking his advice, the seals were as smooth as a babies you know what.

Never had a single problem since and my dishwashers get HAMMERED.

I aslo agree with another reviewer who pointed out that these machines are not waste disposal units - they are dishwashers. Treat them as such.

Would I buy again? Yes. We are replacing our kitchen and our friend is having the dishwashers which will be replaced by two new and identical units. Nuff said.

• More than 1 year